‘Pēnā he painga mo te whānau, hapū, iwi mahia te mahi,’ – na Te Puea Herangi
‘If it benefits our whānau, hapu iwi, then do the work, whatever it may entail.’
Activity and Nutrition Aotearoa (ANA) invites you to share your stories, collaborations or projects relating to public health nutrition and physical activity at our conference to be held in Auckland on May 21 – 22nd 2019.
- Collaboration – the key to promoting health and wellbeing and preventing illness by making the best use of all our resources, diverse skills, and lived experiences.
- Everyone’s business – by embracing the opportunities to work within and between sectors to collectively build capacity and capability to solve some complex challenges with the people who matter.
- Have you worked together to achieve a common purpose?
- Have you an example of inter-sectoral collaboration?
- Have you any examples of partnership with another provider or programme?
- Can you share your expertise in skills needed for collaboration such as networking, communication, and leadership?
|Closing date:||5pm Friday 2nd November 2018|
|Notification of acceptance:||Monday 19th November 2018|
|Presentation summary to be uploaded at:||https://www.ivvy.com.au/event/ANA19/|
|Earlybird registration close:||5pm Friday 5th April 2019
Please be aware that if your presentation is accepted, presenting authors are required to pay a conference registration.
|For further information, contact:||Chelsea Slobbe on 04 499 6360 or firstname.lastname@example.org|
Summary of the process
You will need to:
1.Ensure your abstract is related to improving public health nutrition and/or physical activity
2. Decide on your presentation type:
- oral presentation – 15 minutes (including questions time)
- lightning talk- 5 minutes (no questions)
- interactive workshop – 45 or 90 minutes
3. Submit an outline for your presentation (200-300 words). Outline must contain:
- how your presentation fits with the theme of collaboration
- key take-home messages
4. Submitters may upload a short optional video to support their written submission.
5. If our review panel accepts your presentation, you will need to pay for a conference registration (you will be sent a 15% discount code when your abstract is accepted).